Thursday, April 19, 2007

The weirdest thing EVER

Recently I worked with my Mum and Dad on my shed. Essentially that means my Dad made me a new shed and I helped him as much as I could. In order to do that we had to knock down the old shed and clear the area of brambles and an old rotten dead tree. So Dad came with chainsaw in hand and we chopped down the tree.

The tree was made up of lots of smaller trunks - rather than just one big one, so there was plenty of felling to be done. It was only after we had finished the chopping that it became apparent that we were being watched by a new additon to my garden. See below for the weirdest thing EVER!




















Yes my friends, this guy was INSIDE one of the tree trunks!! This happy little fella is Bernard. He is a tree-trunk-teddy, and as you can see he is mighty pleased to be released from his trunk prison after all this years.

I do need to point out that this is not a man made artefact - he actually was inside the tree! How bizarre! If you want to see Bernard in the flesh (his bark is worse than his...) then come and visit soon before he catches the black lung and rots away. :)

6 comments:

Glyn Harries said...

It's the face of Jesus!! Oh Hallelujah! Blessed are the Shedmakers.

yojot said...

I think I'm going to be having nightmares about the person stuck in the tree with a crazed smiley face. Will be approaching this blog with a little more trepidation in the future.

Liz said...

Woah - that's like radically mystic dude!!

Hey your mord verification things are much more difficult than Glyn's

Liz said...

sorry, that's Word.

Oh no not again.

Matt Leeder said...

Liz - I can see why you might have trouble with those word verification things...pity

Shawn said...

How truly strange! What else is hiding in your garden, perhaps they all come out at night and dance on your lawn and.......