Monday, August 07, 2006

Public Information Statement

Many weeks back I was phoned at DHQ by a gentleman who was incharge of booking guests for Territorial Music School - they wanted to book me to come during the week and lead a bit of worship. Remember at this point that I was in the presence of witnesses during this phonecall (i.e. Matt White and others in the office). Here is a paraphrase of the conversation:

TMS rep: "Hi Matt, can you come and visit us on this day...[gives date]
Me: "Oh, wait a sec, I'll just check my diary [checks diary]...oh dear, sorry. I would have loved to have come along but I am actually in France that week so no can do.
TMS rep: "Oh that is a shame. Sorry to hear that. Nevermind, maybe next year?"
Matt: "Sure"
TMS rep: "Ok. Goodbye and God bless"
Matt: "Bye"

So, that was that. All done and dusted... no tentative "maybe", no "oh I'll pencil it in and get back to you", just a straight forward "sorry, no can do"...

So imagine my overwhelming surprise when I start hearing reports from people who attended TMS this year saying that my name was in the program and that people were really disappointed when I didn't turn up? In fact, I also get the impression that no attempt was made to cover my back at all...even though I had said no in the first place and the ERROR WAS NOT MINE!

So, in closing, if you speak to anyone who went to TMS and they bemoan my inefficient diarising please make my side of the story (i.e. the true side) known.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you been in touch with the 'gentleman' who books the guests and asked him what he's going to do to repair the damage that has been done to your 'impecable' image?

Matt Leeder said...

Who are you 'anonymous'?

No damage done - it's all sorted out now...

Kevin said...

TMS needs you Matt. My Al (my son) went and enjoyed himself but would have been better if you had been there. Even if just for an evening.

(My son went to TMS, does this make me too old to comment on your blogs)

K

RikiWright said...

Well that's TMS for you........I wouldn't know but so I've heard.......from people....anyway....thanks for Summer School Electralyte we're the best Christian band I've heard live since I heard Delirious back in the days of the King of Fools album but before Glo when they got all weird!

Hoylus said...

People still go to TMS?

Anonymous said...

Is that the Phil Hoyle who went to TMS in 99?

Hoylus said...

Is that the anonymous who... er... oh.

Anonymous said...

I too was at TMS, on staff, but not the guest booker - and had heard about this unfair treatment - this will be remedied!!!! Trust me!!!