Thursday, June 07, 2007

Harry Potter

So, friends, I think it would be good to get some discussion going on amongst us with regard to the pending release of 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' on July 21st.

WARNING - the following post has spoilers from all the previous 6 books - if you don't want to find out too much, don't read on...

Anyway, I am looking forward to book 7 coming out. Apparently there has been a guarantee of NO BOOK 8 - which I for one think is a good thing. Harry Potter is a pretty good read, although I think the quality of the series goes a little wayward in book 5 and 6. Hopefully she can pull it back with number 7?

I've had a little think have a few thoughts and questions and it'd be good to hear everyone's thoughts. Quick aside, one of my favourite memories of working in the Mission Team office in Morden (as it was then) was sitting quietly in bookclub with James G, Steve C, Lard K (I think?) and possibly Phil H all reading The Order of the Pheonix the day it came out...bless us all!...

Anyway...

#SPOILER REMINDER - DON'T READ ON IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW#


1)Will Dumbledore be coming back in book 7? If he is dead, has he made his own horcrux?

2) Is Harry a Horcrux? Therefore does he need to kill himself to rid the world of Voldemort? Or is there just too much LOVE in him? Does Harry die at all?

3) Dumbledore's death seemeed a bit too easy (book 6). Is he dead? Is Snape, who killed him, a goodie? Was it someone else using polyjuice potion?

4) Does Petunia or Dudley have magical powers?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt. Well I am looking forward to No 7 too, but I have to finish No6 first. I have started reading it again today...I say again as I started it on Maternity leave in September 2005 and have not had a chance to finish it ever since - the joys of having children!! By the way, hope everything goes well tonight - looking forward to hearing about it.

Mitchenstein said...

Well, this isn't about Harry Potter, mainly because I forget everything that happened once I've finished the book.

I just wanted to say well done for tonight. That was really great.

Liz said...

.....or is it all a dream??

Actually, I agree with your Dumbledore theory. Polyjiuce potion could be Rowling's get out strategy for absolutely everything couldn't it. I mean, Dumbledore could be Harry's dad in disguise and his mum could be Madame Pomphrey!

Can't wait :)

Stevo said...

Some intersting theories that i hadn't thought of, some that i had. I think Dumbledore has to be dead, although iwant him not to be dead. It would be weak to bring him back. Not sure that Harry could be a Horcrux, but just thinking, his wand could be a Horcrux - ohh, i think thats it. Harry must destroy his and Voldemort's wand.

I think Snape is good too,Dumbledore has his reasons.

Hoylus said...

1) Dumbledore is dead, and hasn't made a horcrux - as when he describes it in book 6 he seems pretty repulsed by the idea.

2) I'm not sure that Harry could be a Horcrux, but I definately think he has to die. Harry living is a bit of a cop out IMHO.

3)Again, I think he's dead, but I think Snape is a good guy.

4) There's something going on with Petunia, but JK has said she's not a witch or a squib.

Amy said...

I agree, Dumbledore has to be dead but Snape is definitely good.
I also reckon that Neville Longbottom has an important part left to play - maybe he will die/kill Voldemort/save Harry???

Couldn´t resist commenting, I´m so excited about it!