Saturday, September 23, 2006

Grape Expectations - Harvest Time! - Part 1

So after months of growing and waiting and watering and waiting and growing and pruning and waiting and watering and loving and waiting here they are! The finished product! The result of my loves and labours! A prime example of grapes from the Mashbury vineyard.

This photo was taken by the lovely Chell who has helped me and supported me throughout the past months - the joys and the sorrows of growing ones own fruit in a maritime climate as opposed to the Mediterranean climate of the vineyard regions of France and Italy. (I am the one holding the scissors)

I would like to say at this point that if you would like to claim a bunch of Mashbury grapes then please let me know and you can have some. Obviously if I'm seeing you in the next week or so they'll be a lot more tasty and fresh (They're already VERY ripe and quite soft)


Please see below for a couple more parts of the final chapter of the vine saga for 2006...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its been wonderful following Grape Expectations! Will there be another season coming out?