Wednesday, March 28, 2007

No hyperlinks please, we're Northern Irish

Comment was made today that all I ever do on my blog nowadays is link to other websites and videos. I would like to argue that this is not true and that I still am in the process of writing a valuable record of my life and my likes. Although I can see that just hyperlinking and importing video is a good way to blog, and relatively effortless, I must stress that this is not the be all and end all of blogging, therefore this evening I chose to blog by writing...

This week Chell and I have celebrated two things:
1 :- it was Chell's birthday on Sunday. She was ** years old (She was born March 25th 1983)
2 :- the following day (March 26th) was the one year anniversary of our engagement. Pretty awesome eh? My only regret is that this time last year I didn't blog on actually getting engaged. Why? I dunno really. Could have been all manner of reasons... the biggest one was that I didn't know how to express the way I felt at that time without feeling like a muppet. Well, now I can...and I can put up a picture of the ring...
















You will probably notice it is not on Chell's finger but I promise you it's the one I got her. Modest, pretty and a little gem - just like my fiance! (See, these are the cheesy platitudes I was worried about writing last year...ah well)

So this week I don't mind that time is spinning too fast and there's too many jobs to fit in not enough hours. I just know that I am in love with a beautiful girl who loves me back and we can't wait to start the next bit of our lives together. Roll on December 29th!

10 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, so he bullied YOU into a proper blog too did he? What a rascal!

Andy said...

So You CAN wait until December or you CAN'T wait?

So is White a blog bully then?

Matt Leeder said...

Ah yeah, oops. Don't worry it's right now... CAN'T WAIT!

Don't worry Liz - I'm not scared of White...at the time of me writing this he AGAIN hasn't updated his blog in ages

Unknown said...

He has gone down the list on my blogroll!

Anonymous said...

Hey....that's my White you're all talking about. He may well be a wee bit of a blog bully and a little slow at blogging of late but we all still love him!!

Liz said...

....and he DID buy me chocolate once - a big bar , but only cos I was going to cry and really needed chocolate NOT to, so, you're right Christina, he's not all bad, in fact....he's all white!! OUCH :)

Matt Leeder said...

"He's all white!" ha ha ha haaa! I like that a LOT!

Yes, we all love him very much still - in a totally Scrubs 'Guy Love' kinda way. He is a bloggy bully but nonetheless a 'Mighty White' :)

He bought me chocolate once too...

Liz said...

Is this stuff like....blogbonding?

Anonymous said...

Ah, he bought me chocolate too as well.....lots of it, when I managed a full lent (47 whole days and nights) without chocolate!

Unknown said...

I'm with Matt W. Even I have been fairly regular at posting these days...me...who was taken off blog rolls and given grief not too long ago. learn your lesson and move on. we northern irish are really into our 'tough love'.