Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Time to Type

...I got overwhelmed with the amount of stuff I was doing. It all started with a busy week around valentines day and then, because I've been up and about loads I've got so many stories that I've gradually become paralysed from the wrists down, and as such haven't been able to write. It's like TOO MUCH has happened to even be able to think about blogging about it. I think if had been able to keep going on the 'little and often' method it would have been fine but, even now as I type, I find myself away from home again. But at least there's an Internet connection here...

I find myself at Sunbury Court, the Salvation Army's antique retreat centre. It's very nice here. And it's particularly old and warm, like an overtly ornate and mismatching old people's home - it must cost a bomb to heat this place. In fact it must cost a bomb to do anything in or to this place.

By way of getting over the blog-clot (that sounds horrible in itself) that I have been experiencing here is a distilled version of the last few weeks. Since my previous post I have:
  • Been to Glasgow for the Territorial Youth Rally (Scotland Edition)
  • Been into London on valentines day to share a lovely day with Chell. We went to the Ice Bar (it was cool), the Marriot Hotel next to Westminster Bridge (it was posh), AND we went to IHQ for a coffee and cup of jelly beans (it was...well...IHQ!)
  • The next day I met Grinner in Covent Garden for a coffee and a good chat following which I ventured into the national gallery to look at Monet and Van Gogh. It was awesome to see some real masterpieces in real life, like Monet's Waterlilies, Van Gogh's Sunflowers and Van Gogh's chair! Incredible.
  • We (E=) went to Leicester South corps to play a gig and play during their worship on the Sunday. It was great to have some catch up time with Matt and Lizzy (and Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby) Elsey.
  • Led worship in Chelmsford Cathedral
  • Visited the Osteopath for the first time ever. It was awesome - I got cracked around all over the place. Loved it. I want more crack! (Can I say that?)
  • Played a gig with Dweeb in Coventry - it went well. It was at the Nexus Academy venue. Very nice too.
  • We had the prayer party at Mashbury - singing in the sticks! God bless us Mashbury residents!
  • We had a great meal out with Andy Hill to celebrate his *****y-eth. Happy Birthday to you!
  • We had a weekend off!
  • And this last weekend we did some training with the Essential Course delegates, I played football with them that night (ALOVE UK beat them 29 - 13: Leeder got 2 for ALOVE UK)
  • Then we gigged in Yeovil at 'Nth Fest' - along with One Hundred Hours, Vera Cruz, Dweeb and 15 or something other bands.
  • Then we led worship in Exeter at South Western Division's Youth Councils.

That is why I haven't blogged. I had so much to say about each one I didn't know where to start and I got overwhelmed. But it's out now - I'm glad I was able to blog all that and draw a line under it too. Now I can blog with confidence once again - safe in the knowledge that there is nothing more to say other than blogging day by day. (Rhyming as we go - E I E I O)

As for now? Well, currently on retreat with all the officers from London NE division. So far it's been a really positive experience I am very glad to announce...may it continue that way too...

I'd better sign off now because I don't want my constant 'tap tap tapping' to irritate anyone sat here reading in the library. Here's to purposeful blogging and no more blog-clots - ever! ;-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you're still with us.

More please and soon.

Glyn Harries said...

29-13?? Clearly the Salvation Army need to focus more on teaching its young people some defence.

Andy said...

And who better to teach them than your good self, Glynman... ;)

Anonymous said...

Great to have you back!

We've missed you