Thursday, March 15, 2007

Tom and his mate

No, this isn't a MySpace post - it's about my sat nav... what a wonderful device it is too.

As of Christmas day I have been the proud owner of a TomTom One Europe version - Chell in her extreme generosity and kindness bought it for me. Sure, there have been a couple of incidents (one being when I was towing the trailer and it took me down a dirt track just wide enough for my car which in turn tried to lead us straight through a deep looking ford. We decided that wouldn't be the best idea and had to unhitch and push the trailer back up the lane! Hmph!) but on the whole it's been very handy.

The reason I mention it now? I haven't yet had a chance to try out the mainland Europe maps but today I had some time so I had a browse. I pointed it at Lake Garda, in Italy where we went on our hols last year. Apparently it would take 13 hours to drive there and it was 950 miles away... Funny how having the figures there in front of me made it all the more tangible; it suddenly felt like 10 minutes down the road! Full tank of diesel? check. Sat nav? check. Who's with me? Off we go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But does it recognise Mashbury as a place you might want to visit?

Anonymous said...

Road Trip? I'm In!