Sunday, June 18, 2006

Grape Expectations: the Friday (aka Sunday) Vine Check - wk 3

Sorry for the late Grape Expectations vino fans - Chell and I were busy preparing for our Engagement party (which I'll blog about tomorrow)...so please be assured that these photos were taken on Friday but I've only just got round to actually writing the blog 'bit'.


As you can see the vine is growing up big and strong...in fact it's probably a little too big and stong, and will need pruning in the very near future if I'm going to get grapes of a decent girth! Also, upon close inspection it would seem that the Mashbury phantom rose bush eater has also been taking chunks out of my grape vine - I think it's a herd of deer who hang around these parts - bunch of local yobs! They keep seeing my vine and obviously think it's a tasty, tasty treat...

So all in all the vine is growing from strength to strength but if I ever get my hands on those pesky deer then there'll be a bit more rib for the BBQ!

Remember: Meat is murder... tasty, tasty murder (kudos Lard ;) Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Glyn Harries said...

I think you deserve to be knighted an honorary Greek-Cypriot! Your vine growing is very impressive.

My father has vines in his orchards in Cyprus, his father had vines, and his father's father had vines (and in fact made wine from his vines)

This one little vine could be the start of generations of possibilites...!

Matt Leeder said...

Glyn, why are you posting the same post again you fool?

Glyn Harries said...

I think you deserve to be knighted an honorary Greek-Cypriot! Your vine growing is very impressive.

My father has vines in his orchards in Cyprus, his father had vines, and his father's father had vines (and in fact made wine from his vines)

This one little vine could be the start of generations of possibilites...!