Friday, June 02, 2006

Grape Expectations: the Friday Vine Check - wk 1

The first in a fascinating series! As you will see below our first visit to the grape vine at Mashbury is a brief overview of the vine itself. I pruned it viciously at the end of February and now I am happy to report (and you will see quite clearly) that it is covered in lovely green leaves!

There are the first signs of little bunches of grapes forming in patches but I have been reliably informed that I need to thin the patches out if I am going to have a good healthy crop come late summer. In coming episodes of grape expectations I intend to show close ups of the grapes themselves and also feature any visitors to my plant. Fantastic eh?

I am fairly convinced that there isn't a more creative bloggist in the whole of Mashbury! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of the 11 people who live in Mashbury, you certainly are the most creative...

Anonymous said...

Are we to expect a new, equally-pun-tastic, grape-related pun for each post in this enthralling saga?

I do hope so...