Friday, July 28, 2006

Jump! Part 1

I wanted to blog about this as soon as I could. I've just returned home from a week of gigging in the south of France - hence I haven't blogged for a little while (Sorry about that if you've wasted time checking - I know I hate that myself...)

What a fantastic week! I've not really enjoyed France like I did this week - I suppose that's partly due to making some great friends during the week - both English and French people... To be honest we didn't have too intense a week at all - 2 sessions leading worship and a gig one night were the only work commitments we had to fulfill - the rest was leisure time for us!

So we found outselves at a beautiful, clean river in the village nearby (that's how we knew we weren't in Essex anymore) - and promptly started chucking ourselves into it from rocks. See the piccy:


I gradually gained confidence throughout the week - starting off on little jumps on the waters edge. The sheer awe of emerging without any latex sausages on my fingers encouraged me to carry on and up the anti a bit... I progressed to a 3 footer (wooo!) then 10 feet high (woooooo!) then 20 feet high (steady on!)...then we changed venues to a different river where I knew at once that the gauntlet had been placed before me! The picture above is a snap shot of me doing a little jump at the second riverside venue...

If you look really carefully you can see my life flashing before my eyes...

6 comments:

Glyn Harries said...

That looks cool. I'm not sure I'd have the guts. Although I did slip in the bath the other day, does that count?

Anonymous said...

Your jump was cool! well done!(hope your back are ok now!) It was really to meet you! Que Dieu te bénisse!

Will said...

Ahh - wondered where you've been. That photo is awesome - absolutely awesome. Were you the only one from your gang who jumped?

Anonymous said...

Glynjamin, I thought you said the other day that you'd slept in the bath...not slipped in it. Do my ears need testing??

Unknown said...

Amazing! That's looking like an appealing venue and activity for your stag do Mr Leeder!

Will said...

I second that :)