Thursday, July 06, 2006

Muso Loso

I hate it when people do things just to try and impress you. Like, when I went I started college to do Music and Theology we had these orientation sessions. We went round the room and introduced ourselves. Thankfully, now I have the gift of hindsight, I KNOW that there were people in that room DESPERATE to impress - reeling off instrument after instrument. One girl said she could play piano, guitar, flute, violin, cello, drums, bass guitar, sax and trumpet. Well, I can say that I did the course with her and she was lying. I knew at the time she was lying...just because you can sit with drum sticks in your hands doesn't mean you can play the things! In fact, she would have been much more accurate to say I 'mainly' play the piano or something...

Lack of punctuation indicates grumpiness whilst typing this blog...

8 comments:

Phil said...

Can I ask what set off this grump vent? Who was trying to impress you? Or was it you who was trying to impress??

hope things are well.

(my lack of punctuation doesn't indicate grumpiness, just laziness...)

Simon said...

yeah matt, whats up mate? someone got under your skin?
tell us who and we'll send the boys round - perhaps a "Mitson 1,2" is called for?!

by the way, i mainly play the spoons but i can also play the nose flute and i'm a bit slick on the wash board! (if i do say so myself)

Tom Underwood said...

Simon's right, he is great on the washboard. You should seriously consider asking him to join electralyte.

Matt Leeder said...

Thank you for your concern everyone - I'm feeling much better now, post-vent. :-)

I think it's good to have a grumpy blog every so often - as long as you don't hurt too many people's feelings!

Jon said...

hahaha, was an "interesting" day eh! hahahaha. At least you can play good scales now!

Glyn Harries said...

Did I ever tell you I can play the tromboderos? There are some people who say that I can't but just ask anyone who's never heard me try - they'll tell you.

Anonymous said...

'Tis true, Glyn plays the tromboderos like he plays the fool:

brilliantly.

Anonymous said...

The Mitson 1-2 eh?

Thats no match against the Stoakley 1-2. That young pretender ought to be careful who he steals catchphrases off in future...

(Punctuation is reasonably accurate but I would describe my state as mildly grumpy thanks to old Mitzy Babes).