Monday, October 03, 2005

Arty strop

Isn't amazing how quickly we loose confidence in ourselves. Especially us arty types. I just read a review of the Electralyte performance at Greenbelt (http://www.crossrhythms.co.uk/articles/music/greenbelt_05/16004/p3/) and that instant feeling went right through me and made me feel unsettled.

Yeah, sure we know that the gig was rubbish - on stage sound appalling, too many miles for too little time but even so this one guy's comments have affected me.

I don't know but I'm fairly sure that it's at these moments that I can hear God reminding me that I'm His - not just as an 'instant pick-me-up' but to remind me not to get on my high horse. For the last few months we Electralyte folks have had people surrounding us with encouragements: which always feels wierd and really awkward to accept... so I want to take this little opportunity to thank those closest to me who support and love me no matter how 'arty' I'm feeling.

William Temple (when he was alive he was Archbishop of Canterbury) suggested a definition of humility as being this: 'Humility does not mean thinking less of yourself than of other people, nor does it mean having a low opinion of your own gifts. It means freedom from thinking about yourself at all.' I pray I can get there one day...

2 comments:

Simon said...

Dunno what gold hunter is going on about...

I personally think the review from greenbelt is not very accurate - i wouldn't place electralyte anywhere near kato and as for supervision, well the least said about them the better.
From what i have heard from the ICC stable over the last couple of years you boys knock spots off all of them.

Wait till his fella hears the album he will change his tune!

Simon said...

please change 'his' to 'this'. i was not making comments about some persons fella - thats not my bag baby...