Friday, October 28, 2005

Final reflections from the first week

The last night of our recording extravaganza (week 1) has arrived (Didn't blog yesterday - ran out of time because of guitarin'). Below you can see a nice little piccy of me playing my acoustic - I think I was playing 'Take Broken Me' at the time.



It's really good to hear the album coming together now. It's been a good week - I've done guitars for 5 tracks and it's sounding pretty good...I think. To be honest there've been moments when my nerves have set in. In our little world we've been looking forward to doing this album for a while now so our expectations are set sky high! I'm sure you can understand it's potentially a long way to fall.

I've had the chance to play some lovely guitars and go through some nice amps too. We've also had some lovely visitors turn up on our doorstep: Matt, Lard, Si, and of course Rufio, Laws and Chellber! It's all been a jolly nice experience really.

Oh well...home time for now.

1 comment:

Simon said...

it was really great to spend the day with you guys in the Studio - the track sound "phat"

i feel special hearing a sneak-peak preview of some of the unfinished tracks.

can't wait to hear the finished versions!