Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Kiss. Goodnight.

Here's a first for me - these are the first lyrics I've ever put on blogger.

It's a song I wrote recently - working title is probably 'Kiss. Goodnight.' or sommit like that. Thing is, I'm rarely happy with the lyrics and poems I write but I quite like these so I thought I'd stick 'em up.

Here goes:

You can tell me your stories forever
As big as the earth; as wide as the universe…
But this verse keeps on changing
Followed up by the chorus; followed up by the bridge
This one’s a tale of a hero – let me save you some time
'Guy gets -> loses -> keeps the love of his life'
Romancing; the highs and lows now

Speak a story of love - and still it continues...

CH
It’s a poem, it’s prose, it’s a single red rose,
It’s the baby inside you when no-one else knows
It’s all mine, it’s all yours; it’s sitting inside
When the rain hammers down and the lighting bolt strikes
It’s coming tomorrow; being here all the time
It’s waving hello, it is kissing goodnight.
Kiss. Goodnight.

4 comments:

Will said...

Nice matt. Chorus is especially good - top stuff.

(although lyrics like that could start rumours...)

Glyn Harries said...

That chorus is amazing.

Phil said...

Glad to see you're blogging now on a fairly consistent basis. It was good to see you briefly at Roots... Nice lyrics.

Kirsty said...

cool lyrics Matt! keep it up :)