Friday, May 12, 2006

The rains came down and the floods went whoosh

Chell and I have decided to do 'cover to cover' which is a bible study book which, if you follow it carefully, will guide you through the bible chronologically in a year. You're meant to start on January 1st, but we - being oh so original and clever - decided to start on May 9th...for no particular reason...other than it was there.

Now, as 'cover to cover' is a chronological study guide you're forever hopping around the the bible - so, in a few days, we'll be reading 'Job' (which is quite a few books in) - but apparently it all makes sense. Something about 'Job' being the oldest story in the bible or something...

Last night we read the story of Noah. This story is a story we all know pretty well, but have you read it recently - without the aid of a sunday school teacher? It is bizarre. There's a few things I could talk about but the main one is this: Noah was over 500 years old when God commanded him to build the ark! How he managed to even get out of bed that day, let alone lift a hammer to strike the first nail into the hull is beyond me.

If anyone has got any light to shed on this (humourous or knowledgeable - I'm happy with either) then please do let me know...but don't get me started on dimesions and woodlice...

3 comments:

Glyn Harries said...

It makes you wander what Noah was doing during that first 500 years of his life.

Um... I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions though.

But still - makes you think...

(I believe I found a good middle ground there in being neither humourous NOR knowledgable)

Anonymous said...

QED, Glynman, QED...

Will said...

Evil fish?