Wednesday, November 14, 2007

E= on tour

Tomorrow we go on tour. We start in Norwich and end up in Dundee...via all manner of places around the uk and ROI. I've got to say it's gonna be exciting, we've never done this before and we all know that touring with Delirious is going to be exciting and challenging.

I'll try my best to keep a regular blog going on throughout the duration of the tour.

I always get told off by Chell when I wish away gigs and events because I'm worried about performing at them but this one, whilst I am scarily compelled to do the best job possible I am also looking forward to it. How bizarre to think I would actually be looking forward to gigging this much!

We're gigging a 45 min set which includes a couple of brand new songs - Athens and Ted Talmeer + a few old crusties like White Suit, Freedom and Breakout. At the moment we haven't included Take Broken Me in the set because it slows the tempo down a bit too much. We're taking a gamble on that I suppose.

Last night I spent time on my knees praying. It was great. I know God's with us on this one. I'm sure the messages (even though they are subtle) will emerge from the bizarro lyrics I write and the music will be good music!

If you get a few minutes do think of us:
- Traveling is gonna be long and hard work. Pray we have stamina and healthy cars.
- Performance will take it's toll on us. Pray that we keep stamina and continue to have fun.
- Ideas and the next season. We go into the studio to start recording shortly after we come back from the tour. Pray that we are inspired to take stuff we learn from the tour into the next album.

Thanks. Watch this space... I promise...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt- hope all goes well for you- be thinking about you all. Best wishes for this exciting adventure. Stacey x

Liz said...

Hey, going to miss you in the office - it's so quiet when you're not there doing your crazy stuff...um like fixing all the broken things and tidying the cupboards :)

Have a great tour!