Saturday, November 17, 2007

Horsham

"Your sound was... meaty" was one friend's appraisal of E= tonight. Matt White went as far as to say it was the best he'd EVER heard us. Whoo blimey you say!

Tonight's gig was in a warehouse / church building in a corner of an industrial estate in Horsham... a place I have never been. I guess it's only a place you would go to if you have a gig there... or family. Or, of course, you might live there. But that's unlikely.

The PA was massive - bigger than last night's I'm sure of it. Trev did a sterling job once again...awesome FOH - Thanks Trev. Mark was great on monitors too. Everything worked very nicely. That is apart from my wah.

I took the wah out of my setup today - I need to send it off and get it fixed. I'm going to get it 'mod'-ed, and turned into a Hendrix cry baby (apparently the new ones have a different sound). The Hendrix wah will have more wwwhhhhhhaaaaaa and lesss hheeeeeiiiiiiisssssss. So 'm told.

I've also put in an order for a new GigRig Humdinger amp distro thing which will also sort out my impedance problems at the pedal end of things. It's all good.

No snapped strings although Jon is going through sticks like they're balsa wood. He is an animal!

Delirious sounded great tonight - I'm enjoying this whole tour business muchly...

No comments: