Thursday, November 22, 2007

...the night before tonight. Gig 5 - Dublin

Temple Music Bar. Last night. Great venue in Dublin, which is a place I've never been before, in fact I've never been to the Republic of Ireland before. It's nice there.

The big news of the day was concerning one Martin Smith. When we arrived we heard that he was still on the bus. When he didn't turn up for sound check a few enquiries later we discovered that he wasn't well. Apparently he had been sick as a parrot. And here's the big news...

Over tea I sat with Stu Smith (Delirious' drummer) and he told me that Martin would probably make it for the gig but wondered whether I knew many of their songs. Which I do. But not the words. But he said that I was the back up plan!

Now I'm sure this was tongue in cheek... but I can now say that I have been officially asked to sing for Delirious. I am Martin Smith's understudy. 'I'm gonna be....a history....' etc. Nevermind, I'll settle for singing for E=.

The gig was great, there was a real spiritual vibe about the gig - it felt like there was something more going when we were playing. We sensed that even before we played. Awesome night.

After the gig for our accommodation we ended up 30 miles south of Dublin in a place called Greystones (I was excited to see another place later on called Blackskull - if only they could do a 1/2 and 1/2 name swapsee). We stayed in a Theological College there and were hosted by a bunch of enthusiastic students from the college. Many many stories of Chipper shops (see Matt Whites blog) and awesome breakfast venues...

Anyway for now...I shall sign off cos I'm being antisocial and I need to blog again in sec about tonight!

No comments: