Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ferry...cross the Irish Sea

Last night at 10pm we left Liverpool docks on a P&O Irish Sea ferry, bound for Dublin. We were allocated cabins as, to our surprise, (and prompting a quick rebooking) we discovered that the ferry journey was 7.5 hours! Bleurgh.

So, after an evening meal aboard the ferry we retired to bed in our little cabins... thus beginning one of the worst night's of sleep that I've had in a long long time. I woke up in the morning (5 am!) to discover that my sheet had slipped off the bed and I was baked from the 2,000 tog duvet provided. We went down for breakfast then left the ferry in the still dark streets of Dublin.


me in the car getting ready to leave the ferry

After being misdirected by the TomTom for 30 mins we decided to get out the town and headed for Howth Castle, to the west of Dublin. Once we arrived in the mega metropolis of Howth we discovered:
1) Free parking!
2) The sea
3) That we were tired enough to fall asleep again.

Fast forward 7 hours and here I am sitting in the Temple Music Bar in Dublin, waiting for sound checks to begin, so I thought I'd give a quick update.

Still having tons of fun though...just feeling a touch jaded

No comments: