Monday, November 19, 2007

The Plug - Sheffield

Last night was our gig in The Plug. It was probably the hardest night of the tour so far... I think the pace of touring caught up with us a bit. It's been four days of solid traveling and gigging so far, it's exhilarating but obviously does take it's toll on us.

The Gentlemen played first last night. They're a hyper indie rock band from Sheffield and they enjoyed the bonus of a home crowd. It made me think that we don't really have a home crowd, having never really gigged in Chelmsford. I don't know how possible it is to rectify that either as there aren't very many good gig venues in the Town. Maybe we need to build one?!

The venue last night was really nice. And really clean. No sticky floors, which made a nice mid-gig talking point.

My monitoring was a bit squiffy last night again...I think I need the level backed down. Might be a good idea to take a look at that in Dublin.

As for now I'm sitting at my 'soon-to-be' inlaws tapping away in the office while Jon watched the Da Vinci Code in the other room. It's good to relax before we let ourselves rip into the second half of the tour!

2 comments:

Carl said...

I wanted to get to the Sheffield gig but simply have too much on to trek across the county. Glad you're enjoying the touring...

Anonymous said...

Having watched "The goblet of fire last night" i was thinking that I might bring a dancing leprechaun firework to Dublin for the gig like at the quidditch world cup.....alternatively I could dress as a leprechaun and dance with a match lit in my hand.....alternatively I could dress as a gorilla and play a tiny piano - but we all know how you feel about that one!! Enjoy the rest mate, see you soon.