Friday, November 16, 2007

UEA LCR










One down... seven to go...

We just got home from a great night up in my homelands, the stomping grounds of M Leeder... NAARICH. It was a goodun!

A few firsts happened tonight:
We played with Delirious
We played a live set with in ear monitoring
We played 'Athens' and 'Ted Talmeer' for the first time

All of these thing happened and went well.

Other good things:
My guitar rocked tonight - didn't go out of tune (apart from Freedom where it had a hissy)
We were toit - like the toiger
In-ears rule still

Here here.

A few things for improvement:
I need a new wah pedal
I need a new signal splitter
I could do with tweaking my mix for tomorrow (slightly more drums - esp kick)

All of these things could be improved but 66% of them cost money I don't have

It was really nice to have my brothers at the gig tonight - and my sister-in-law! Thanks for coming Bob, Ang and Mike! Hope you enjoyed your first taster of E= live

Other than that I need to sign off and go to bed... Horsham here we come!

PS (If you want me to report on any other aspects that I haven't here please do let me know. :)

3 comments:

Tim said...

I'm completely jealous. I'm afraid that I'm still a bit of a Delirious geek too. : ( Any chance of switching lives for a week? Maybe you could run some sort of a contest where that's the prize. Or maybe we could somehow share lives. I've got money for a wah pedal, you've got time to babysit. See where I'm going there?

Matt Leeder said...

I think sharing lives could be difficult... I don't think I could pull off the whole American thing quite like you do.

Do you not already have a wah pedal? I thought that was every guitarist's mandatory first pedal purchase?!

Tim said...

Yeah, but I doubt that mine is any better than yours. : )

And if by, "pull off the whole American thing" you mean "graceful and humble", I think you sell yourself short! You'd make a fine American Matt! : )