Friday, November 23, 2007

Gig 6 - Belfast

Tonight we played the Spring and Air brake venue in Belfast, N. Ireland. It's a tasty, small-ish venue just off the city centre and along from the BBC building. It was the craziest smallest stage of the whole tour so far. We ended up cramming our gear and ourselves onto it for soundchecks and our part of the gig. Unreal.

It's been another great day. As I write this I'm laying here under a teenage mutant hero turtles duvet, on a bunk bed in the parental home of Matt White (who is, for lack of a better all-in-one title: our roadie / drum tech / spiritual guidance counsellor) and I am feeling really happy with the 75% of the tour that we've experienced so far. With just two more dates to go it's pretty exciting to think back to where we've been over the past week and what is in store for us over the coming 12 months.

There's talk of trips to Europe and Canada and a new album looming. Who knows where it's going to go? I suppose that going home with this experience under the belt is going to be helpful and enlightening.

This evening's gig was a bit hard work, although we were assured afterwards that we played well and the crowd were with us, it was difficult to sense that on stage; not helped by a poor monitor experience for me. Where did my Bluesbreaker go in the mix? Who knows... all I know is that wasn't the same mix that we sound checked with. Nevermind - 1 out of 6 ain't bad!

I've been offered one of Martin's guitars to buy...I'm thinking about it, but I'd have to sell my Les Paul first. If anyone wants to buy my awesome sunburst Les Paul Standard, for around £800 then let me know?

Tomorrow brings a new day, and new country (bonny Scotland) and a new audience, who we would love to take along for a musical and spiritual journey... Aberdeen should be good I hope...just need to re-nail that monitor mix!

No comments: